BSL & Deaf awareness training
Involve Interpreter can support your organisation to teach your employees about deaf awareness and offer BSL training
If your organisation has deaf customers or staﬀ, it’s important that you provide BSL training for your team. Not only will this improve access to your business, but it will be recognised as ‘reasonable adjustment’ under the Equality Act 2010. At Involve Interpreter, we run a flexible 12 week BSL course, which is sure to increase confidence and inclusion across every workforce.
Your staﬀ will enjoy learning BSL with Involve Interpreter. Our one hour sessions will provide them with knowledge about the deaf community and the ability to communicate with deaf and hard of hearing people. The ideal group size is 12 – 15, however our BSL training package can be tailored to suit the needs of your business.
BSL Training Information
• Your basic BSL course will be delivered over 12 weeks split 6-weeks / 1-week break / 6-weeks
• It will include at least 1 session of deaf awareness information (with a BSL interpreter)
• All other sessions will be completed without a BSL interpreter
• The ideal group size is 12-15 participants – however, we can be flexible
• If you require additional groups, fee’s will be adjusted accordingly.
• Each session to last approximately 1-hour (over lunch)
As part of our BSL Training you can expect:
• Professional BSL training by a qualified native BSL user
• Specialist BSL vocabulary for your business sector
• Information, group work and independent study
• Video ground rules will be provided
• Communication ground rules will be provided
• A weekly schedule, outlining the topics you will be learning each lesson
• Continuous assessment throughout the course